Dodge - VMI Northstar
Wheelchair Vans and Handicap Van Conversions
The health and safety of our customers is held paramount at Vantage Mobility International(VMI).
We have designed our modification to be the safest possible and our twelve-year long testing program proves it.
Not only is it one of the longest testing programs in the industry, but the results from crash testing are used to continuously improve design concepts in future generation modifications.
Our testing program includes crash testing, seat and seat-base testing, and brake testing.
We have also completed emission and sound testing.
In every test, the VisionTM has exceeded FMVSS (USA) and CMVSS (Canada) standards.
VMI Northstar Dodge/Chrysler Wheelchair Vans Our Northstar side-entry, lowered floor wheelchair accessible minivan represents the culmination of our forward thinking philosophy: a power in-floor ramp offers open, unrestricted entry and exit as well as greater interior maneuverability. A one-touch remote allows effortless ramp deployment at your fingertips while our PowerKneelTM gives you a lower ramp angle, making access easier. When properly implemented, innovative thinking is communicated from design to final product, and nothing gets lost in translation. Since it was developed in 1993, the Northstar remains the cornerstone of the VMI product line, with over 10,000 Northstar wheelchair minivans in the field.
- Center console modifications provide for greater improved front seat maneuverability
- SURE DEPLOYTM electronic primary back up system gives the customer a simple way to operate the VMI Northstar in-floor ramp when the standard electronic control system is not functioning, or there is a total loss of power to the vehicle.
- Full functionality of the front passenger seat with no obstructions
- The Northstar in-floor ramp system gives you open, unrestricted entry and exit through the passenger sliding door
- Power in-floor ramp with non-skid surface
- 11" lowered floor
- Maximum interior headroom
- Power door with easy manual operation
- Complete undercoating and rust proofing
- Emergency ramp release
- The PowerKneelTM System
- Removable front seat bases
- Manual wheelchair tie-down system
- Fully crash tested